23rd October 2023 - Monday
16:30 | Teatro Alighieri, Ravenna
"Ravenna's vocation as Italian Energy capital”
The role of Ravenna at the centre of the energy debate in Italy dates back to the early 1960s when huge gas reserves were discovered onshore and offshore its coastline. Over the decades the important industrial district has contributed to strengthen Italy's role as a natural bridge between Europe and Africa. Today, Ravenna represents the springboard for the first Italian projects of decarbonization spanning from CCUS to offshore wind and circular economy, which make Ravenna and Italy an important energy transition Lab The session will provide an overview of the projects currently being developed, will point out the opportunities of business and growth and properly address the priorities in order to fully exploit the potential of the current scenario.
Invitated Authorities and Panelists:
- Stefano Bonaccini - President of the Emilia-Romagna Region
- Michele de Pascale - Mayor of Ravenna
- Guido Brusco – Chairman, Confindustria Energia
- Stefano Maione – Chairman, Assorisorse
- Stefano Venier – Chief Executive Officer, Snam
Panel: "The energy projects of Ravenna"
- Offshore Renewables and Hydrogen production. The Adriatic green network of energy sources. Fabrizio Botta – Chief Commercial Officer, Saipem
- CCS Project. Luca De Caro – Managing Director Eni Distretto Centro Settentrionale
- Circular economy: a multi-purpose platform for special waste treatment and processing. Carlo Pezzi – Chief Executive Officer, HEA
Panel: "Local companies to relaunch Ravenna"
- Valerio Cozzani – Full Professor, University Bologna
- Oscar Guerra – Chief Executive Officer, Rosetti Marino
- Roberto Ballardini – VP Global Manufacturing RM, Cabot Italy (tbc)
- Aldo Fiorini – Chief Operations Officer Carbon Steel Flat Division, Ravenna Plant Manager and Member Board Directors Gruppo Marcegaglia
19:00 | Closing remarks and presentation of OMC new visual identity and the 30th anniversary publication: Energy for Future
Working language: Italian | No translation available
Register using the form below to reserve a seat. Limited places available: organisers reserve the right to confirm registration based on seats availability.
23rd October - 4:30 p.m.
Ravenna at the centre of the energy debate in Italy and for OMC